VIRAT KOHLI IN IPL 2018, 5 REASONS WHY THE RCB CAPTAIN WILL RECLAIM THE ORANGE CAP IN IPL 11, VIRAT KOHLI IPL, VIRAT KOHLI IPL CAREER, VIRAT KOHLI IPL TEAM, VIRAT KOHLI CENTURIES IN IPL
With the 11th season of the Indian Premier League just over a week away, players working double time to be fully fit and ready for the mega T20 tournament. One player whose spotlight will be bigger than all others is the Indian captain Virat Kohli. Virat Kohli IPL team RCB have never won an IPL title before, however, all that could change in the IPL 2018, as their enters the tournament in red-hot form and is currently regarded by many as the best in the world. Virat Kohli IPL career started off a bit slow but the 29-year-old exploded in the 2016 scoring over 900 runs and scoring 4 IPL centuries. Virat Kohl in IPL 2018 will be the player everyone will have eyes on as he looks to take his team to their maiden IPL title. Orange Cap in IPL 11 will be given to the player, who scores the highest number of runs during the season and Virat Kohli is expected to be amongst the top players if not the top one. In this article, we also take a look at Virat Kohli centuries in IPL.
Virat Kohli in IPL 2018 – 5 reasons why the Indian and RCB captain will reclaim the Orange Cap this season
- Form: There is no one batsman better than Virat Kohli in the world right now. Virat Kohli IPL career has seen a similar upward trend that his international career has seen over the past two years. Last year Kohli was the highest run-scorer across all-formats in international cricket. He has started 2018 in a similar vein of form, ending the South Africa test and ODI series as the highest run-scorer. That is why his current form makes Virat Kohli IPL 2018 Orange Cap favourite.
- Fitness: Over the past few years, Virat Kohli has hardly missed a match due to not being fit, rather he prefers to give his body ample amount of rest to be fully fit for tournaments like IPL 2018. Virat Kohli in IPL 2018 will be well rest and prepared following his decision to skip the recently concluded Nidahas Trophy. Unlike most of his competitors, Virat Kohli is expected to play each and every match of the IPL 2018 league stage, something that should give him enough opportunities to secure that Orange Cap for himself.
- Team-mates: There is no doubt that Virat Kohli IPL team RCB has benefitted hugely from the partnership their captain has managed to develop with the likes of AB de Villiers and Chris Gayle over the past some years. However, Chris Gayle has left the Bengaluru outfit to join KXIP but Kohli shouldn’t worry to much about his departure as RCB purchased New Zealand legend Brendon McCullum for INR 3.6 crore in January. The Kiwi has the perfect game to compliment the likes of ABD and Kohli in the middle. With such stalwarts in the team alongside him, Virat Kohli won’t need to deal with all the pressure by himself.
- M. Chinnaswamy Stadium: The pitch at the RCB home ground, M. Chinnaswamy has always been known to be a batting paradise and it is no wonder that 3 of 4 Virat Kohli IPL centuries have come at this ground. With RCB scheduled to play 7 home games at this famous venue, expect Kohli to make full use of the conditions at the M. Chinnaswamy Ground.
- Lack of competition: It would be fair to say that no one is performing at the level Kohli is right now. Veteran IPL batsman Gautam Gambhir, Suresh Raina and Yuvraj Singh have been struggling domestically and are finding it extremely tough to make it back in the Indian squad. On the other hand, David Warner’s latest episode the “Sandpaper Gate” is expected to change quite a few things for not only the opener but even captain Steven Smith. There are players like Shikhar Dhawan, AB de Villiers, Glenn Maxwell and some others who will be up there at the top with Kohli but it’s hard to see any of them maintaining the consistency level that the Indian captain has been able to acheive over the past few months.
DOWNLOAD ROOTER – NEW LIVE FANTASY SPORT AND PREDICTION GAME. PLAY EVERY MATCH DURING INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2018
The table below represents Virat Kohli IPL career in numbers
|Batting and Fielding||Mat||No||Runs||HS||Ave||BF||SR||100||50||4s||6s||CT||ST|
Virat Kohli Centuries in IPL
Virat Kohli IPL career with RCB didn’t have a fairly tale start. The current RCB captain had to wait till the 9th season of the Indian Premier League to get his first hundred, which came against Gujrata Lions at the Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium in Rajkot. But once the 29-year-old got his first, he didn’t stop. Virat Kohli IPL 2016 season ended with an astonishing 4 centuries and 973 runs, helping him break all records that were set in the previous 8 seasons. Virat Kohli centuries in IPL dried up a bit last season but with the form that he is in right now, don’t be surprised if he touches or even crosses the 4 centuries in a season mark. In 2016, he got his 3rd and 4th centuries in back-to-back games against Gujarat Lions and KXIP. His second century came against Rising Pune Supergiant and this was also his first at the M. Chinnaswamy stadium.
- Fastest Live Scores
- Live Fantasy Sports
- Live Prediction Game
- Live Chat
- Latest Cricket News
- Group Chat
- Fan Posts
- Win Prizes
- Cricket, Football, Tennis, Basketball, Badminton, Hockey, Formula 1 & Kabaddi
WATCH: Former Indian coach discuss the RCB squad 2018 for IPL 11.