- Jaydev Unadkat was purchased by Rajasthan Royals in IPL 2018 auction for a whopping sum of INR 11.5 crore.
- Jaydev Unadkat has previously played for Delhi Daredevils, Kolkata Knight Riders, Royal Challengers Bangalore and Rising Pune Supergiants.
- Speaking about Jaydev Unadkat, Indian batting legend Sunil Gavaskar said, “He is a very promising bowler and will only get better with the more matches he plays. I like him.”
- Rajasthan Royals start their IPL 2018 campaign against Sunrisers Hyderabad on 9th April at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium.
The opening game of Indian Premier League season 11 between Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings is just a few days away now and the excitement amongst the players is already at an all-time high. One of those is the most expensive Indian player from the 2018 IPL auction Jaydev Unadkat, who was bought by the returning Rajasthan Royals for ear-splitting INR 11.5 crore. Jaydev Unadkat IPL 2018 will be his most important season ever, given that he is currently finding his feet at the international level and has the pressure of that massive price-tag behind him. Although the final valuation might have shocked some people, greats like Brett Lee and Sunil Gavaskar have spoken highly about the fast bowler since the IPL auction in January this year. To follow more live cricket news or cricket latest news visit Rooter News.
Not many would be aware that Jaydev Unadkat made his international debut back in 2010 as a replacement for the injured Zaheer Khan. However, it was only after his performances in last year’s IPL that the 26-year-old got some real recognition. Since last years tournament, Unadkat has managed to make a permanent place for himself in the Indian T20 team, hence Jaydev Unadkat IPL 2018 will be under the watchful eyes of the selectors who are looking towards the 2019 ICC World Cup.
Rajasthan Royals bagged Jaydev Unadkat for INR 11.5 crore
The INR 11.5 crore deal with Rajasthan Royals made him the most expensive Indian pacer in the history of IPL. Jaydev Unadkat IPL 2018 will be hugely significant for him as a lot of people raised their eyebrows at the price-tag, former Indian batting legend Sunil Gavaskar believes that the former Rising Pune Supergiants player will only get better from here on.
Over the past one year, Sunil Gavaskar has noticed Jaydev Unadkat progress very closely and is of the opinion that the pacer will only get better in the future. The 68-year-old cricketing legend Sunil Gavaskar said, as reported by Crictracker,
“He is a very promising bowler and will only get better with the more matches he plays. I like him.”
To find out more live cricket news or cricket latest news visit Rooter News.
- Live Scores
- Prediction Game
- Live Chat
- Latest News
- Group Chat
- Fan Posts
- Win Prizes
- Cricket, Football, Tennis, Basketball, Badminton, Hockey, Formula 1 & Kabaddi