- Chandigarh Airport is to stay closed from May 12th to May 31st, and could cause changes in the IPL 2018 schedule
- Kings XI Punjab’s 2 matches against KKR on 12th May and RCB on 14th May could be rearranged to tackle the problem
- Lucknow is being looked at one of the possible venues which can host these two matches. KXIP to become the 1st team to play their home matches in 3 different stadium
- Kings XI Punjab have a new look this time around thanks to a brilliant auction and will be lead by Ravi Ashwin
Cricket fans across the world are eagerly waiting for 7th April to come as that is the Mumbai Indians open the Indian Premier League season 11 against Chennai Super Kings at the Wankhede Stadium. BCCI last month announced the schedule for the upcoming season of IPL, however, it seems like there could be some change in the IPL 2018 fixture list as Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) have requested the BCCI to shift a couple of home matches between the time period of May 12 to 31 as the Chandigarh airport goes through a maintenance of its runway. The airport will be closed down for that duration and hence the logistics for everyone involved in the match could become uncomfortable.
Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) are yet to win an IPL title but going by their intent since the auction, one feels that the management is all set to mount a proper title challenge this year. The team is loaded with T20 stars from around the world and has a fresh captain in the shape of R Ashwin. KXIP are scheduled to play 2 home matches during the period of the closure of the airport. Those two games involve Kolkata Knight Riders on 12th May and Royal Challengers Bangalore on 14th May. BCCI president CK Khanna spoke to Time of India and confirmed that a request had been made by PCA (Punjab Cricket Academy). He said,
“We have received a request from PCA and IPL’s governing council will surely look into it because this is a genuine problem.”
Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) were already scheduled to divide their 7 home games across Mohali and Indore with 4 and 3 matches at respective places. However, now with the latest development, KXIP could become the first team to play their home matches across 3 different venues. The third could very well turn out to be Lucknow, which is amongst the top venues that BCCI is seriously considering having some IPL matches at in order to extend the reach of the league.
Kings XI Punjab will start their IPL 2018 against Delhi Daredevils at the Feroz Shah Kotla stadium in New Delhi on 8th April.
- Live Scores
- Prediction Game
- Live Chat
- Latest News
- Group Chat
- Fan Posts
- Win Prizes
- Cricket, Football, Tennis, Basketball, Badminton, Hockey, Formula 1 & Kabaddi