VIRAT KOHLI RECORDS, CAPTAINCY RECORD IN ODI, VIRAT KOHLI TEST RECORDS, RECORDS LIST, VIRAT KOHLI ALL RECORDS, KOHLI RECORDS.
2017 was a phenomenal year for Virat Kohli as he broke one record after another and set new heights of achievement in the world of cricket. The Indian captain ended did take a break at the end of last season but any fears regarding a loss of form were quickly wiped away as the 29-year-old smashed one century in tests and 3 in ODI’s against South Africa earlier in the year. Currently regarded as the best batsman in the world, Virat Kohli records are just mounting up with each passing series. Whether it’s Virat Kohli captaincy record or Virat Kohli ODI records or Virat Kohli Test records.
There is no doubt that Virat Kohli is quickly moving towards cricket immortality with his batting and captaincy on the field. His team look by far the best in the world right now and he looks to be best amongst them. From someone who was seen as a brash young man, Virat Kohli has turned into a swashbuckling confident mature player. In this article, we look at Virat Kohli Records – Virat Kohli ODI records – Virat Kohli Test records – Virat Kohli captaincy records.
Virat Kohli Records
Virat Kohli ODI Records
- During India’s 3rd ODI against New Zealand in October 2017, Virat Kohli became the fastest cricketer to reach 9000 ODI runs. The Indian captain took just 194 innings to reach the feat, which is 11 better than the next best AB de Villiers who did it in 205 innings.
- Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma have been involved in 4 double-century run stand in ODI cricket, the most by any pair in the history of cricket. Kohli in total has been involved in 11 double century stands, the most by a cricketer.
- Virat Kohli has scored the highest number of centuries while chasing in ODI’s. He went past Tendulkar’s record of 17 centuries last year and hasn’t looked back since then. In total Kohli has scored 21 centuries while chasing in ODI’s.
- Virat Kohli has 35 ODI hundreds to his name, the second most in the history of world cricket behind the great Sachin Tendulkar who has 51 ODI centuries.
Virat Kohli Test Records
- Virat Kohli is the first batsman to score 4 double-centuries in 4 consecutive test series. Kohli overtook Rahul Dravid and Don Bradman, who had scored a double century in 3 consecutive test series.
Virat Kohli T20 Records
- Virat Kohli is the fastest cricketer to reach 1000 T20 international runs – 27 innings. The second fastest is Aaron Finch who did it in 29 innings.
- The Indian captain became the first cricketer to score over 600 runs in T20 cricket. He achieved this feat in 2016 at an average of 106.83.
- Virat Kohli broke the world record for playing the most number of innings before recording his first duck in T20I’s. He recorded his maiden T20 duck after 47 innings.
Virat Kohli Captaincy Record
- Virat Kohli is the quickest to 20 centuries as a captain across all three format. Kohli took just 93 innings, while Ponting in second place took 164 innings and Graeme Smith took 227 innings.
- Virat Kohli is the fastest captain to cross 500 international runs (across all 3 formats). He surpassed the record by Michael Clarke, who did it in 109 innings, while Kohli did it in just 93 innings.
Virat Kohli Captaincy Record in ODI
- Virat Kohli record of 1,460 ODI runs in 2017, broke Ricky Ponting decade long-standing record of most runs by a captain in ODI cricket in a calendar year. Ponting as the captain of Australian team had managed to score 1424 runs in the year 2007.
- Virat Kohli is the only captain to hit 6 centuries in a calendar year.
Virat Kohli Captaincy Record in Test
- Kohli became the first cricketer to score three centuries in his first three innings as Test captain. He achieved this feat when he smashed 140 runs against Australia in Sydney. He is also the second Test captain to score centuries in his first two Test innings after Greg Chappell.
- Virat Kohli holds the record for smashing the most number of double hundreds as a captain. He has 6 overtaking Brian Lara’s record of 5.
- Following their victory over Sri Lanka in the test series last year, Virat Kohli became only the second captain to win 9 consecutive test series on the trot. Only Ricky Ponting has won 9 test series consecutively.
- Live Scores
- Prediction Game
- Live Chat
- Latest News
- Group Chat
- Fan Posts
- Win Prizes
- Cricket, Football, Tennis, Basketball, Badminton, Hockey, Formula 1 & Kabaddi