The 15th match of the third season of the Pakistan Super League (PSL 2018) will see Misbah-ul-Haq‘s Islamabad United taking on Imad Wasim‘s Karachi Kings at the Sharjah Cricket Association Stadium on Sunday (March 4). Ahead of the key clash – Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings, we look at the preview, key stats and predicted XI line-ups.
Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings Preview
Coached by Dean Jones and Waqar Younis, Islamabad United have endured a mixed run in the tournament so far, winning two and losing two. One of their wins came via a memorable ‘Super Over’ decider against the Lahore Qalandars. Misbah and his men will know that their next assignment against the high-flying Karachi Kings will not be an easy encounter and they will certainly by bracing themselves up for the challenge on Sunday.
Karachi Kings, on the other hand, have emerged as the form team of PSL season 3 and are yet to lose a game this season. Their last outing against Multan Sultans was a washout and saw the two teams sharing the spoils on March 2. Captain Imad Wasim and coach Mickey Arthur have combined superbly to forge a winning combination. Their cause has also been helped a great deal by the form of the evergreen fan favourite, Shahid Afridi.
Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings Stats and Facts
1. With 7 points in 4 games played, Karachi Kings sit atop the PSL table and are yet to lose a match this season.
2. Islamabad United pacer Mohammad Sami has picked up 7 wickets this season – joint highest in the tournament.
3. Pakistani legend Shahid Afridi, who recently celebrated his 38th birthday, has picked up 6 wickets in the tournament this season and will look to continue his impressive start to PSL 2018 with another strong performance.
4. Karachi Kings’ Usman Khan and Islamabad United’s Samit Patel are two bowlers with the best bowling strike-rate in PSL 2018.
5. Islamabad United’s Asif Ali has taken 4 catches in the PSL this season – most by any player.
6. Islamabad United opener Luke Ronchi is one of the only two players to have recorded two ducks in PSL 2018.
Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings Predicted XI
Islamabad United Predicted XI: Luke Ronchi(w), Sahibzada Farhan, Jean-Paul Duminy, Samit Patel, Misbah-ul-Haq(c), Hussain Talat, Andre Russell, Asif Ali, Shadab Khan, Faheem Ashraf, Mohammad Sami
Karachi Kings Predicted XI: Khurram Manzoor, Joe Denly, Babar Azam, Colin Ingram, Ravi Bopara, Mohammad Rizwan(w), Imad Wasim(c), Mohammad Irfan Jnr, Tymal Mills, Usman Khan, Mohammad Amir